Welcome to Norwood JHS Library Website
This page was created to share information with our students, parents, staff and other schools who may navigate here.
All links were collected and evaluated by the library for content and appropriateness.
The mission of Norwood library media center is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
- Believe that every student can learn.
- Deliver effective information skills instruction through library/teacher collaboration.
- Support the aims and objectives of the curriculum.
- Support reading and reading development.
- Inform students, staff, parents, and the community of the library's programs.
Role of the Library Media Center Program
The library media program is a center of instruction and inter-disciplinary curriculum support for NJHS.
The program will:
- Ensure fair and equitable access.
- Promote flexible scheduling.
- Meet a variety of learning needs.
- Present diverse points of view.
- Promote intellectual freedom.
- Demonstrate optimal professional standards.
- Participate in professional development and training.
Use this site to help you with your information needs.
Scholastic Book Fair
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 120,000 book-sale events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
School and parent volunteers work with Scholastic Book Fair representatives to organize these weeklong events at school, where children can peruse and purchase their favorite books. From its nationwide network of more than 60 warehouses and customer service facilities, Scholastic delivers its Fairs to schools, with the majority of books arranged in mobile, easy-to-access cases. Books are displayed face-front and grouped by age or grade-level, so it’s easy for kids to find characters and subjects they love and want to read about. Scholastic also provides planning materials, promotional tools, and merchandising displays to help the school create an exciting bookstore environment.
Scholastic Book Fairs’ team of book experts – former educators, booksellers, and Book Fair veterans – reviews thousands of titlesfrom hundreds of publishers each year, and every Scholastic Book Fair offers a new assortment of books for the fall and spring seasons and consistently includes the latest award-winners and most popular books, often in exclusive Book Fair-only editions